At the AES event in Los Angeles, Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) introduced Pro Tools® | MTRX, a versatile new audio interface for Pro Tools | HDX and HD Native. Developed by Digital Audio Denmark for Avid, Pro Tools | MTRX gives Pro Tools users the superior sonic quality of DAD’s legendary AD and DA converters—along with incredibly flexible monitoring, I/O, and routing capabilities—all in one powerful unit. Powered by the MediaCentral® Platform, it integrates seamlessly with Pro Tools | S6 and Pro Tools | S3 control surfaces.
“The new Pro Tools | MTRX gives audio professionals amazing sonic quality and the power to customize the interface, giving them the control and flexiblility they need to create high-quality content,” said Tim Carroll, VP Product Management, audio at Avid. “Through Avid Everywhere™, we’re continuing to deliver powerful new solutions to help audio professionals deliver the most demanding audio post and pro mixing projects.”
Pro Tools | MTRX will enable users to:
- Gain extended monitor control and flexible routing with Pro Tools | S6, S3, and other EUCON surfaces
- Use the converter as a high-performance 64-channel Pro Tools | HD interface
- Connect and route their entire studio through AES3, MADI, Dante, and/or SDI I/O (MADI, Dante and SDI I/O option cards sold separately)
- Add high-quality mic preamps as an option and remotely control them from Pro Tools
- Customize Pro Tools | MTRX to their needs through eight available 8-channel card slots
- Keep everything in sync through Word Clock, AES11, Video, and all digital I/O
- Get automatic sample rate conversion on AES inputs
Pro Tools | MTRX will be available in Q4 2016. For more information visit Avid.